Saturday, September 7, 2013

Creative Expression-module 2 EDTECH 543


For my creative expression I decide to use a program called Prezi. From the student sample I began to construct my own expressionist vision of what our three concepts represent to me.  I added each picture as it's own path and followed within a set of picture that represented each topic. I learned it is not always easy to put your understanding into pictures.I will note that it is best to view prezi in its smaller format due to its pixalation of expanding images.

 Nonlinguistic Expression

For Connectivism I tried to demonstrate the different types of CofP's, from the Muslim Brotherhood, Occupy Wallstreet, and finally to Boise State football fans. While researching and learning about communities of practice I found a lot of great information. The easiest parallel I was able to draw from it was "fans" and "social movements". One of the articles I reference used how even linguistics can change over time given a community of practice's influence. We can see that when looking at certain chants and fight songs fans have come to adorn as part of being a fan's culture.   I chose to include pictures for connectivism that showed the different social media we use along with some symbolic pictures of how technology is connecting us at great lengths. For my conclusion I added personal networks such as open courseware and other applications and groups that can be interpreted as personal learning networks.





Reference

Attwell, G. (2007). Personal Learning Environments-the future of eLearning?. eLearning
Papers, 2(1), 1-8.


Bell, F. (2010). Connectivism: Its place in theory-informed research and innovation in
technology-enabled learning. The International             
          Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 12(3), 98-118.



Calvani, A. (2009). Connectivism: new paradigm or fascinating pot-pourri?. Journal of
E-learning and Knowledge Society, 4(1).



Eckert, P. (2006). Communities of practice. ELL, 2, 683-685.


Marhan, A. M. (2006). Connectivism: Concepts and Principles for emerging Learning
Networks. In The 1 st Conference on Virtual Learning.


Meyerhoff, M. (2002). 21 Communities of Practice.


Smith, M. K. (2003) 'Communities of practice', the encyclopedia of informal education,
www.infed.org/biblio/communities_of_practice.htm .


Stevens, V. (2008). Trial by Twitter: The rise and slide of the year’s most viral
microblogging platform. TESL-EJ: Teaching English as a
Second or Foreign Language, 12(1).


Wenger, E. C., & Snyder, W. M. (2000). Communities of practice: The organizational
frontier. Harvard business review, 78(1), 139-146.



No comments:

Post a Comment