Tuesday, June 11, 2013

EDTECH 597 Blogging in the Classroom


Helloo everyone!

As you can see, I am using my blog for multiple classes. My introduction entry titled “Welcome” does include an amusing attempt at an introduction video, so please feel free to laugh at my poor effort to construct audible sentences and talk about myself for one minute.

For my first entry in EDTECH 597 class, I plan to share some thoughts on where my head is at regarding the creation of “my” blog. Right now, the hardest part of blogging is the role it will play in my life. Blogging as a student within given assignments seems very comfortable but also somewhat restricting, since I find myself writing towards a more one on one audience, myself and the professor. Greg Weiler discussed this in: Using Webloggs in the Classroom, The English Journal, Vol. 92, No.5, The Power of Imagination. (May, 2003), and I can completely understand that drawback. Realizing that this will extend to a larger audience, I think I need to find a niche for my blog that is both graduate school content driven as well as sharing information that truly interests me and  whoever maybe my audience. That is the next hurdle, because I have a wide variety of professional interests. Right now education technology has taken over my life and my reading, but my professional career requires me to be a content expert in economics and business. With that said, I feel those differing subjects might be too wide a scope and not be the most effective way to blog. The good news I is that learning effective blogging techniques personally and professionally is what we are all here for right?  No matter what, I look forward to working with everyone.  Thanks for letting me ramble and for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment