Thursday, June 20, 2013

RSS in Education


Hello Everyone, 

I approached this video based on the students receiving a previous lesson plan involving setting up, and getting to know Firefox as an alternative web browser. The students spent time downloading Firefox and getting to know the add-on and apps features. From there my tutorial begins.  My goal is to have the students use RSS readers as part of their class objective in economics. The class objectives asks students to identify the importance of economics in current affairs. In order to complete this objective and spark a communication with the students about current events I ask them to provide every Tuesday 3 events from the previous week in economics.  Before I would accept a paragraph write up with a newspaper clipping or a article printed out.  Now to incorporate RSS readers and blogging, I'm asking the students to create an economics journal, and update their journal based on news and information they have fed into their RSS readers. My video is a first draft of what I want to say and provide as the brief tutorial for introducing them to how their RSS reader feedly works and how they can add to their subscriptions. I'm probably going to change my wording a little bit here and there, but I did want to put what I have so far out there for comments and suggestions. Thanks a ton! 

No comments:

Post a Comment