Friday, June 14, 2013

Elements of Educational Technology



http://www.evernote.com/shard/s322/sh/e0aa79b9-f726-4fb3-a813-87d8404dd256/23c164c12c6ad66fe348c85fdb410ba0


The above link will take you to my expressed opinion on the topic “elements of educational technology” from a pre-publication draft of the first chapter of a book published by the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT),done in Evernote, which by the way I am still praising as a great compliment app for any professional. As some other students noted, in the grand scheme of things 2004 was a very long time ago. In the world of technology, the National Security Agency (NSA) was probably just figuring out how to collect data from your instant messaging account.  I am joking of course. While technology itself has continued to evolve and change since 2004, I think the definition and concept of what educational technology is, and our role in it, is still relevant. The elements detailed in this paper in my opinion are still very much pertinent and for some elements maybe even more pertinent today. I chose “study”, “improving”, and “performance” as my focal points. My thought process was based on the incredible importance educational standards play in our professional lives and our student’s lives. Without having clarity to what has shaped, and continues to shape our industry, we would be working for lack of a better comparison blind.  Our daily lesson plans would be a trial and error process that would affect the very lives of our students and their future. I understand there is always an element of trial and error when adopting an educational technology approach. However, without any standard measures that come from what the paper defines as “study” and then the suggestions based on those findings where we can then establish “improving” and “performance” models we would be in much worse shape. Of course, that is all just in my opinion. Thank you for stopping by, and Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on this topic, enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment